Previous Summer Curriculum Development Workshops:
2013 Summer Curriculum Development Workshop
The Timeless MEDITERRANEAN and the New European Union: Transnational Spaces and Integration
Monday, June 10 - Wednesday, June 12, 2013
The University of Illinois and The European Union Center (EUC) invites K-12 and community college educators to take part in this workshop to develop a more effective curriculum on the Mediterranean and Europe. These materials may be incorporated into a variety of courses, such as foreign language, world geography, world cultures, world/US history, politics, economics, and business. While all K-16 teachers are welcome, the curriculum materials are geared mainly towards high school and community college education. The workshop will feature presentations from University of Illinois faculty and other specialists.
- Application Deadline: May 6,2013
- On-line registration
Please make checks payable to "University of Illinois." Send your checks to:
European Union Center
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
328 International Studies Building, MC-429
910 S. Fifth Street
Champaign, IL 61820
- Travel Grants: Travel grants up to $150 are available.
- Credit: CPDUs (for Illinois teachers), University of Illinois CEUs for non-Illinois teachers, and University of Illinois graduate credits are available, please contact Sebnem Ozkan at email@example.com, 217-244-0570 for further information.
- Housing: Housing will be provided. We reserved your rooms for 2 nights from June 10 (check-in) to June 12 (check-out).
- Meals:Breakfast is available at the hotel and the EU Center will provide most meals.
- Parking: available
- Contact: For more information contact Sebnem Ozkan firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-244-0570.
- Funded in part by the U.S. Department of Education Title VI grant.
Schedule [will be available soon]
The workshop is approved for CPDUs/CEUs.