European Union News Feeds:
News from Euractiv.com
- German electoral oversight is unique in EU
- posted Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:02:55 +0200
- MEPs back measures against invasive alien species
- posted Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:34:39 +0200
- EU seeks industry ‘carbon leakage’ tips before 2030 climate decision
- posted Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:32:55 +0200
Headlines from BBC News
- Deal struck to calm Ukraine crisis
- Thu, 17 Apr 2014 21:48:41 GMT
- Russia, Ukraine, the US and the European Union say all sides have agreed to steps to "de-escalate" the crisis in eastern Ukraine at talks in Geneva.
- German media boss criticises Google
- Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:20:24 GMT
- In an open letter to Google's Eric Schmidt the boss of German publishing firm Axel Springer says it is afraid of the search giant.
- Channel Tunnel train delay 'chaos'
- Thu, 17 Apr 2014 22:33:28 GMT
- Hundreds of Channel Tunnel rail passengers are stuck at stations after a series of problems caused delays to UK-France services.
Europe Headlines from NYTimes.com
- In Scripted Surprise, Putin Answers Snowden on Spying
- posted Fri, 18 Apr 2014 01:12:22 GMT
- In a poke at the White House, Edward J. Snowden asked President Vladimir V. Putin about Russia’s surveillance practices during a televised question-and-answer session.
- Away From Show of Diplomacy in Geneva, Putin Puts On a Show of His Own
- posted Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:42:33 GMT
- President Vladimir V. Putin said he hoped invasion of what he called “new Russia” would not be necessary. He also said for the first time that Russian forces had been sent to Crimea.
- Demands That Jews Register in Eastern Ukraine Are Denounced, and Denied
- posted Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:16:24 GMT
- The Donetsk People’s Republic, along with other pro-Russian groups, denied having anything to do with fliers purporting to demand registration.
News from the European Commission
- Equality between the sexes: slow but sure progress
- posted Mon, 14 Apr 2014 12:00:00 MEST
Gaps in gender equality in Europe are shrinking, but the rate of progress is slow, according to an annual EU report published today.
- Exploring benefits of mobile applications for health
- posted Thu, 10 Apr 2014 12:00:00 MEST
The EU is launching a consultation to gather ideas about how mobile technology could be used to improve health services in Europe, leading to potential savings of €99bn.
- Hats off to EU's best young translators 2013
- posted Tue, 08 Apr 2014 12:00:00 MEST
The 28 winners of the EU's annual translation contest received their awards today.
Headlines from European Voice
Latest Blog Entries from Revealing Romania
In 2009, ten journalism students from the University of Illinois took on the roles of foreign correspondents during a three-week reporting trip to Romania and Italy under the guidance of Journalism Professor Nancy Benson. Romania is a gateway to exploring European Union expansion.