European Union News Feeds:
News from Euractiv.com
- Next EU Commission President will be a polyglot
- posted Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:52:33 +0200
- France conforms to EU budgetary requirements
- posted Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:11:54 +0200
- The EU needs to step up its fight against malaria
- posted Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:49:32 +0200
Headlines from BBC News
- New Russia drills after Ukraine raid
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 18:03:55 GMT
- Russia announces new military exercises on its border with Ukraine, after Kiev orders troops to move against separatists in the east.
- Ecclestone denies bribery in Germany
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:54:01 GMT
- Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone denies charges of bribery at the start of his trial in Munich and says he will fight to clear his name.
- Russia extends Navalny house arrest
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 15:26:24 GMT
- A Moscow court extends the house arrest of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny by another six months for violating its conditions.
Europe Headlines from NYTimes.com
- The Lede: American Journalist Released by Ukraine Separatists
- posted Thu, 24 Apr 2014 19:29:30 GMT
- Separatist rebels in eastern Ukraine released the American journalist Simon Ostrovsky on Thursday, three days after he was taken prisoner in Slovyansk while reporting for Vice News.
- Russia to Start Drills, Warning Ukraine Over Mobilization
- posted Thu, 24 Apr 2014 17:03:04 GMT
- Raising tensions sharply, Russia announced military exercises along the border with Ukraine after Ukrainian forces moved against pro-Russian separatists in the eastern part of the country.
- Eastern Europe Frets About NATO’s Ability to Curb Russia
- posted Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:19:24 GMT
- NATO’s Eastern European members are growing increasingly nervous about Russia’s moves and the alliance’s ability, or even willingness, to counter them.
News from the European Commission
- EU improves travel websites for consumers
- posted Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:00:00 MEST
Checks on travel websites significantly improve compliance with consumer rights, with 62% now abiding by EU rules.
- Equality between the sexes: slow but sure progress
- posted Mon, 14 Apr 2014 12:00:00 MEST
Gaps in gender equality in Europe are shrinking, but the rate of progress is slow, according to an annual EU report published today.
- Exploring benefits of mobile applications for health
- posted Thu, 10 Apr 2014 12:00:00 MEST
The EU is launching a consultation to gather ideas about how mobile technology could be used to improve health services in Europe, leading to potential savings of €99bn.
Headlines from European Voice
- Juncker to visit 15 countries in last weeks of campaign
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:52:25 GMT
- Centre-right candidate will campaign in 15 countries between now and the election. His rival will mostly campaign in Germany.
- MEP to quit because of PVV's 'controversial' alliance
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:00:41 GMT
- PVV MEP says he cannot be in a political group with people who hold extreme views.
- EU institutions 'vulnerable to corruption'
- Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:56:28 GMT
- Transparency International report says the EU is vulnerable to corruption, but not to the extent that the public believes.
Latest Blog Entries from Revealing Romania
In 2009, ten journalism students from the University of Illinois took on the roles of foreign correspondents during a three-week reporting trip to Romania and Italy under the guidance of Journalism Professor Nancy Benson. Romania is a gateway to exploring European Union expansion.