Larry Neal Prize for Excellence in EU Scholarship
In honor of Professor Emeritus of Economics Larry Neal, the founding director of the European Union Center at the University of Illinois, the EUC is excited to announce the call for nominations for the “Larry Neal Prize for Excellence in EU Scholarship.” Thanks to the generous funding from the European Commission, the Center is soliciting submissions of both books and articles that address current issues faced by the European Union and in Transatlantic relations. Submissions are encouraged from all disciplinary fields.
Call for nominations for 2013 Competition.
Deadline for submissions: December 2, 2013
- Submissions must be written by faculty affiliated with European Union Centers of Excellence in the United States or Canada.
- Books and articles may be the work of multiple authors, including edited volumes.
- The submissions should have been published between January and December 2013.
- Submissions should be written in English or are English translations.
- All entries must be original works and not a reprint or re-edition.
Nominations may be submitted by publishers, authors, and colleagues. The submissions will be evaluated by a rotating committee of representatives from the EUCE network. The winning author(s) will receive an invitation to the University of Illinois campus for recognition and to present a lecture on the selected work. The EUC will feature the winner on our website and in Center publications. Please submit at least one hard copy and one digital copy of nominated publications to the EU Center, specified below.
Please send all hard copy submissions to:
“Larry Neal Prize”
University of Illinois European Union Center
328 International Studies Building
910 S. Fifth St.
Champaign, IL 61820
Please email a digital copy to: email@example.com
Larry Neal Prize Recipients